Meat You Can Trust
Updated: Aug 4, 2018
So many of us know that we want to feed our selves and our families with the best quality foods possible, but that can be so overwhelming. What is best for us? I cannot wait to share with you my top five tips for simplifying the meat buying process.
5. Local or Chain Store? - we personally can tell you first hand that we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to do what we do here at KC Meats. Raising quality meat that you can trust and rely on is something that brings us so much joy and pride.
4. Fresh or Frozen? - the meat that we sell at KC meats is always frozen. This allows us to preserve the quality of the beef, pork and chicken from the time that it is butchered. Although it takes a little advanced planning to thaw meat for your weekly meals, it provides great opportunities to stock up for a few weeks or months at a time without risk of spoilage.
3. What is affordable and sustainable for your family? - there is are very large price ranges in the meat market depending on what and where you are buying.
2. Understand what various market terms mean - Organic, non-gmo, grass fed, etc. Knowing what these terms mean can help you make an educated decision about what is most important to you in what you're purchasing (more to come on this in the future).
1. Know your farmer/supplier - the absolute best way to feel confident in what you're buying, is to buy from a real person you can ask questions, or even stop by and see first hand how these animals are raised.